Who We Are
The vision of ROWEAD is to provide learning and experience sharing platforms that arouse the consciousness of the average woman as a change agent.
ROWEAD has a Mission of Igniting the mindset of women with the shared experiences and values of other active and prominent women in business, politics, academia and media within the African continent and beyond.
- To increase the representation of women in politics, leadership and decision making roles.
- To demonstrate to women that they should learn to go out there and get it.
- To answer the question, where do I start?
- To reduce the issue of gender discrimination in business and politics.
- To secure the female gender agenda in the democratic process.
- To prepare women for the expectations within the African political terrain.
MARCH 8 INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY
In Marking the International women’s day, The Women In Education and Leadership Development Society (WIELDS) the promoters of ROWEAD in partnership with the United Nations Information Centre Lagos holds a stakeholders focus group meeting to discuss the inclusion of Women in security and agriculture for a more stable society. In promotion of the UN Security Council Resolution, article 1325 stating the important role of women in Peace Negotiations, peace building and peace keeping. Also part of the discussion is highlighting the contribution of women towards food security while promoting the Sustainable Development goal 2 ZERO HUNGER and sustainable Agriculture. WIELDS brings women from the law enforcement, the civil society, women entrepreneurs and agriculture. Join the conversation.
EVENT IS STRICTLY ON INVITATION.
“The Role of Women in Emerging African Democracies” (ROWEAD) is a sustainable and viable initiative relevant within the current Nigerian socio-political and economics context. This has the capacity to produce strong female business and political visionary leaders with clear-cut direction to change the Nigerian socio-political and economic landscape, which can be measured by both moral and value driven objectives.