Who We Are
The vision of ROWEAD is to provide learning and experience sharing platforms that arouse the consciousness of the average woman as a change agent.
ROWEAD has a Mission of Igniting the mindset of women with the shared experiences and values of other active and prominent women in business, politics, academia and media within the African continent and beyond.
- To increase the representation of women in politics, leadership and decision making roles.
- To demonstrate to women that they should learn to go out there and get it.
- To answer the question, where do I start?
- To reduce the issue of gender discrimination in business and politics.
- To secure the female gender agenda in the democratic process.
- To prepare women for the expectations within the African political terrain.
ROWEAD 2017 CONFERENCE
The UN Security Council adopted Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security on October 31st 2000 to reaffirm the important role of women in the prevention and Resolution of conflict, Peace Negotiations, peace building and peace keeping.
In promoting the UNSC 1325, Women in Education and Leadership Development Society (WIELDS) in Observance of the United Nations International Day for Non Violence, Holds its 2017 ROWEAD CONFERENCE in partnership with the United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) with the theme :WOMEN AS STAKEHOLDERS IN PEACE BUILDING : A PANACEA FOR A MORE STABLE NATION.
Date: October 3rd 2017
Venue: United Nations Information center, No 17 Alfred Relwane ( formerly Kingsway) ikoyi
Time: Registration begins at 9am prompt.
“The Role of Women in Emerging African Democracies” (ROWEAD) is a sustainable and viable initiative relevant within the current Nigerian socio-political and economics context. This has the capacity to produce strong female business and political visionary leaders with clear-cut direction to change the Nigerian socio-political and economic landscape, which can be measured by both moral and value driven objectives.